- (of a young farm animal) fed by hand；(of a person) fat.
- a calf, in particular one which is fed by hand
- feed (a young animal) by hand
- 1. Australian (of a young farm animal) fed by hand there's always a special bond with the animals that have been poddy calves or lambs
- 2. dialect (of a person) fat.
- 1. a calf, in particular one which is fed by hand poddies were a lot of work because of the constant feeding
- 1. feed (a young animal) by hand poddying the calves was to be my job, so Fred told me
- feed (a young animal) by hand: I hope they're having success with poddy-rearing the foal
- a person who steals unbranded cattle: the cattle were forced on to the hills, where they were easy picking for the old poddy dodger
- steal (unbranded cattle): he also made fences, poddy-dodged cattle and farmed