過去式：continued 過去分詞：continued 現在分詞：continuing
- 1. 繼續，持續；延伸[（+with）] The forest continues for miles. 森林綿延數英里。
- 2. 留，仍舊[L] The weather continues cold. 天氣還是冷。
- 3. 繼續說
- 1. 使繼續；使延伸[+v-ing][+to-v] I was allowed to continue using the library. 我獲准繼續使用該圖書館。 They continued to meet every week. 他們繼續每週見面。
- 2. 使留任 The company continued him in office for another year. 公司留他繼續任職了一年。
- 3. 繼續說 Don't worry about Jack, she continued. 不必擔心傑克，她繼續說道。
- 4. 【律】延期（訴訟） The judge continued the case until next Friday. 法官推遲到下個星期五審理該案。
「vi. & vt. （使）繼續；繼續說」的反義字
I was allowed to continue using the library. 我獲准繼續使用該圖書館。 ...風帆運動是完成不便宜的。 2009-10-30 19:57:57 補充： continue using = 繼續用 continue to use = 繼續意圖用 continue...
...問題。 They are bound to fail if they continue (to be) at the risk of all these dangers. 針對 at...continue 與 be 動詞結合比較特殊，所以我在回答中說，continue 「習慣上」用不定詞， continue to be。 continue 後面加...
...gerund and infinitive such as remember, forget, *I was allowed to continue using the library. (more likely he or she was using at that time...