- 1. 削減 He tried to cut down on smoking but failed. 他試圖少抽菸, 但沒成功。
- 2. 縮短 Cut down the article so as to make it fit the space available on the paper. 把文章縮短一些, 這樣就能排進報紙有限的版面中。
- (自基礎部分)砍倒 cut down a tree 砍倒一棵樹
- (用刀劍等銳利武器)殺死或殺傷某人 He was cut down by pneumonia at an early age. 他年紀輕輕的就被肺炎奪去了生命。
- 削減 I shall cut his allowance down on ten dollars a week. 我要把他的津貼減為每星期十元。 The doctor told him to cut down his consumption of fat. 醫生建議他減少脂肪的攝取量。
- 說服某人降低價格 He was asking 400 pounds for the car, but we cut him down to 350 pounds. 這輛汽車他要價400英鎊, 但是我們把價殺到350英鎊。
- 把...減小到一定的大小(或多少) cut the players of a team down to fighting size 把球隊隊員人數減少到實戰需要
- 降低……的威望 Your boss isn't just trying to cut you down to size, but actually to get rid of you. 你的老板不僅僅是想要降低你的威信，實際上是要把你攆走。
cut down on sth. = reduce on sth. (eg. spendingtoo much) 減少(花費太多)eat up = 吃箇精光 先...misconception thatfasting or skipping our regular meals can help us cut down our bodyweight. Often we find people eating up more the next day...
Cut down --- Due to the economy, the company needs to cut down the budget that ...
1.. He cut down a tree so he could use the wood to make a house. 他砍下了一棵樹, 所以他可以...是絲質的. 4.. Every December, my family goes out and cut down a Christmas tree. 每年的12月, 我的家人會出去買一棵聖誕樹...