過去式：devoted 過去分詞：devoted 現在分詞：devoting
- 1. 將……奉獻（給）[（+to）] He devoted himself to writing. 他專心寫作。 He was still devoted to the study of chemistry. 他仍專心致力於化學研究。
- 2. 把……專用（於）[（+to）]
- 獻身的；虔誠的；專心致志的 He was still devoted to the study of chemistry. 他仍專心研究化學。
- 忠誠的; 真誠的 a devoted father 慈愛的父親 devoted to sb./sth. 忠誠於某人／某事的
- 將...奉獻給; 致力於, 專心於 He devoted a great sum to some purpose. 他貢獻一大筆錢供作某種支用。 It is wrong to devote yourself only to amusement. 你只專心於娛樂是不對的。
- 專心於; 獻身於 He often devoted himself to reading. 他經常專心於閱讀。
- 專心於；獻身於 He often devoted himself to reading. 他常常專心於閱讀。
devote sth to sth/sb phrasal verb 1 to give all of something, especially your time, effort..., to something you believe in or to a person: He left government to devote more time to his family. She has devoted all her...
兩個字都可以用, 但是傳達的語意稍有差異: [devote]: 致力於... [embark]: 開始從事某項事業 題目的重點是考"及物/不及物動詞...
...to writing this book. 我所有的空閒時間都貢獻在在寫這本書上面了 devote 也是一樣 A devote B to C = A 把 B 奉獻給 ...