- 1. （稅的）徵收；施加（懲罰等）[U] Everyone grumbled at the imposition of new taxes. 對徵收新加的賦稅人人都抱怨。
- 2. 徵收的稅；懲罰，負擔[C] an imposition of 200 dollars on a coat 對上衣收的二百元稅
- 3. 不公平的負擔；不合理的要求[C] severe impositions on one's children 對孩子太過嚴厲的要求
- 4. 強加[U] The film star became wild with anger over the imposition on her privacy. 那位電影明星因私生活受到干預心頭直冒怒火。
- 5. 利用；欺詐；哄騙[C] Would it be an imposition to ask you to mail this parcel? 請你郵寄這個小包裹算是利用你嗎？
... economy of the time was influenced by the 1973 oil crisis, the imposition and subsequent repeal of wage and price controls, and the resignation of ...
...,the price of equality is high, compared to its tax imposition which is much higher than those of most other countries...
1. The imposition of what Mintzberg(1979) has called a machine bureaucracy on...