- 1. 向...走去 It started raining, so she made for the nearest shelter. 天開始下雨了﹐於是她快步朝最近的避雨處走去。 When the interval came everyone made for the bar. 幕間休息時, 大家都湧向酒吧。
- 2. 向...襲擊 As the thief opened the door, the dog made for him. 小偷一打開門, 狗就向他撲去。
- 3. 導致 Early rising makes for good health. 早起有助於健康。 Absence of competition makes for sloth. 沒有競爭會造成懶惰。
- 為...騰出地方; 讓位給 Would you make place for me in the car? 你能為我在車子裡騰出點地方來嗎? He retired and made place for a young person. 他退休了, 讓位給一位年輕人。
- 考慮到, 留餘地 Why does he always make allowance for her conduct? 為什麼他老是原諒她的行為？ If there is friction between them, each should make allowances for the other. 如果他們之間有芥蒂, 那就應該互相諒解。
- 讓出空位 Would you kindly make room for the old lady? 請你給這位老太太讓個地方好嗎？
- 彌補 Her beauty can't make up for her stupidity. 她的美麗不能彌補她的愚蠢。 They are working hard to make up for lost time. 他們正在努力工作以便補上失去的時間。
- 讓路 All traffic has to make way for a fire engine. 所有行人和車輛都得給救火車讓路。
...為了…; 對於…來說 的意思。 make something for somebody = 為了某人做某物 ex: Mom made...的句子。在句中make是及物動詞。 而 Mom make a dress for me. 中的for me是補充說明而已。for...
make...for... This sentence is like the examples...5 sentences may help you as well. 1. We make the conclusions of our work for the chemical industry and suggest the future work in Chapter...
...pie. （授予動詞用法，有兩個受詞：直接與間接） = An apple pie was made for his wife.（授予動詞改被動時，有固定的介系詞搭配間接受詞。） 不能用...