- 1. 秉性；氣質 try a man's mettle 試探一個人的秉性
- 2. 精神；勇氣；毅力 The runner fell, but he showed his mettle by continuing in the race. 短跑運動員摔倒了，但仍堅持不懈，體現出了他的毅力。
- 奮發; 準備盡最大的努力 We'll have to be on our mettle to win the game. 要在這場比賽中獲勝, 我們得準備盡最大的努力。 He will be on his mettle in the next race. 下次賽跑他就要全力以赴了。
- 激勵某人(盡最大努力) The next race will put him on his mettle. 下次賽跑他就要全力以赴了。
...for valor of this child.=Everyone admires for this child's mettle.=Everone admires for mettle of this child.= Everyone ...
1. intelligence; sapiency; sconce; wisdom 2. courage; gut; manhood; mettle; nerve; pecker; pluck; pride; prowess; stomach; valor; valiance; valiancy; virtue 3. eternity; everlasting...
I grew up in rural areas. My dad is a farmer which grows Wufong rice in Wufeng, Taichung City. My mother is a housewife that take care of us in every possible way! My brother, sister, and I...