- 1. （will的過去式，表示過去未來式）將 She said she would come. 她說過她會來的。
- 2. （表示意志）願，要；偏要 I told her to stop nagging, but she just wouldn't listen. 我叫她別再嘮叨，可她就是不聽。
- 3. （表示過去的習慣）總是，總會 He would sit silent for hours. 他常常接連好幾個小時默默地坐著。
- 4. （表示推測）大概，會 I think he would accept the invitation. 我想他會接受邀請的。
- 5. （表示喜歡，意願）願意，要，想 I would like to have a word with you. 我想同你說句話。
- 6. （表示虛擬，假設，條件等）要，將要；會，就會 If I were younger, I would join you in the expedition to the Antarctic. 如果我年輕些，我就會跟你們一起去南極探險。
- 7. （表示婉轉的請求）請 Would it be convenient for you to leave tomorrow? 明天走你方便嗎？ Would you please come tonight? 你今晚來一下好嗎？
- 8. （表示願望）但願，要是……多好 I wish you wouldn't smoke any more. 我希望你別再抽菸了。
- 9. 能，能夠 The hall would seat one thousand people. 這個大廳能坐一千人。
- 想要(客氣用語) Would you like to go? 你想去嗎？ Would you like to help me to pack? 請問你想幫忙我綑紮嗎？
- 寧願, 較喜歡 They would rather try it again. 他們寧願再試一次。 We would rather have the smaller room than the larger one. 我們寧願要小房間, 也不願要大房間。
- 想要成為的 There are many would-be actors and actresses in Hollywood. 在好萊塢有許多想要成為男女演員的人。 I met her first when I was a very young would-be musician. 我初次見到她時，我還是個一心想成為音樂家的十分年輕的人。
- = would have
- 想要成為的 would-be intellectuals 未來的知識分子
- = would have
would這個助動詞有十種用法，只有一種是當will的過去式用。另外的九種用法是自成... wouldn't recognize the place now--it's changed so much. It would be fun to have a beach party. It's no use talking to Henry...
1. would (will的過去式,表示過去未來式) would + 原形動詞 = 表示同現在事實相反的假設 If they were here, they would help you. 2. would be + (動詞 + ing) = 表示對將來的假設 因為前面用...
would like + to 後面用原形動詞 V would like 沒有 + to 後面動詞一定要 V+ing 例句...後面常常接運動風方面或動作, 所以您會看到 I would like to go shopping/fishing= I would...