- 戰勝，擊敗 The French defeated the English troops. 法國人打敗了英國軍隊。
- 失敗，戰敗，挫折 The aggressors were doomed to defeat. 侵略者注定要失敗。
- 失敗; 擊敗 to meet with or suffer a defeat 遭到失敗 to concede or admit defeat 認輸
- 擊敗 Labour defeated the Conservatives by nearly 2,000 votes 工黨以高出近2,000張選票的優勢擊敗了保守黨
- 被擊敗的 the defeated army/proposal 敗軍／被否決的提議
樓上諸位回答者與意見001都沒有觸及版主的疑惑重點. defeat當動詞用, 主動代表戰勝與擊敗, 被動代表戰敗或被擊敗...第2條是多餘且錯誤的, 應予以刪除, 只保留第1條註解. defeat的名詞用法只有戰敗或挫敗的負面意思, 其相反詞是victory...
vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb) 戰勝,擊敗 The French defeated the English troops. 法國人打敗了英國軍隊。 使失敗,挫敗 ...
... led manyarmies against king’s enemies and was never defeated in open combat. Inthe end, however, the sheer numbers of the ...