- IPA[ˈˌheɪl ˈmɛri]
- a prayer to the Virgin Mary used chiefly by Roman Catholics, beginning with part of Luke 1:28.；a recitation of a Hail Mary prayer
noun: Hail Mary, plural noun: Hail Marys
- 1. a prayer to the Virgin Mary used chiefly by Roman Catholics, beginning with part of Luke 1:28.
- ▪ a recitation of a Hail Mary prayer muttering Hail Marys under her breath
- 2. a long, typically unsuccessful pass made in a desperate attempt to score late in the game they beat the 49ers on a Hail Mary pass in the final seconds
- ▪ a plan or project with little chance of success a Hail Mary plan
...我的是按時計酬，而他們從中獲取很大的利潤價差。 I went for a hail Mary and asked management to give me three months to build my...
...show that I still care 代表我仍然關心你 But black roses and Hail Mary's然而, 黑玫瑰和瑪利亞祈禱文[聖母經] Can't bring back what'...
...修行，天使的問候語：”Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum”(Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.—萬歲，瑪利亞，優雅...