- (of something unpleasant or severe) become less intense or widespread；make (something) less intense
verb: abate, 3rd person present: abates, gerund or present participle: abating, past tense: abated, past participle: abated
- 1. (of something unpleasant or severe) become less intense or widespread the storm suddenly abated 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make (something) less intense nothing abated his crusading zeal
- ▪ reduce or remove (a nuisance) this action would not have been sufficient to abate the odour nuisance 同義詞 反義詞
- (of something perceived as hostile, threatening, or negative) become less intense or widespread: the storm suddenly abated
Oxford American Dictionary
... of accidents,the craze shows no signs of abating. 這句話的翻譯是: 儘管有為數越來越多的意外事故，這樣的趨勢(指意外事故...
這句名言並非出自於愛迪生 Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
1.Abase is to Exalt as Abate is to swell. 謙卑的相反是頌揚, 減弱的相反是壯大。 2.Don'...