- (of something unpleasant or severe) become less intense or widespread；make (something) less intense
verb: abate, 3rd person present: abates, gerund or present participle: abating, past tense: abated, past participle: abated
- 1. (of something unpleasant or severe) become less intense or widespread the storm suddenly abated 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make (something) less intense nothing abated his crusading zeal
- ▪ reduce or remove (a nuisance) this action would not have been sufficient to abate the odour nuisance 同義詞 反義詞
- (of something perceived as hostile, threatening, or negative) become less intense or widespread: the storm suddenly abated
Oxford American Dictionary
... of accidents,the craze shows no signs of abating. 這句話的翻譯是: 儘管有為數越來越多的意外事故，這樣的趨勢(指意外事故...
1.Abase is to Exalt as Abate is to swell. 謙卑的相反是頌揚, 減弱的相反是壯大。 2.Don'...
這句名言並非出自於愛迪生 Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)