- an act of washing oneself；a ceremonial act of washing parts of the body or sacred containers.
noun: ablution, plural noun: ablutions
- 1. an act of washing oneself:
the women performed their ablutions
- 2. a ceremonial act of washing parts of the body or sacred containers.
- 3. (in army slang) a building or room containing washing facilities and toilets.
- n.the act of washing oneself (often used for humorously formal effect):
- the women performed their ablutions
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
ablution 名詞 1. 【宗】沐浴(儀式),洗手(儀式),洗禮 2. 洗禮儀式用的水 3. (常用複...
...toilette (literary), washing, dressing, grooming, bathing, ablutions (formal or humorous), getting dressed, preparations, getting...
...上方 Fig F:The outdoor shower is a must for post-exercise ablutions. Fig F: 為了運動過後淋浴需要，戶外的淋浴頭是不能少的。