- in extended space over and not touching；extending upwards over
- at a higher level or layer；higher in grade or rank
- 1. in extended space over and not touching a display of fireworks above the town a cable runs above the duct
- ▪ extending upwards over she held her arms above her head 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ higher than and to one side of; overlooking in the hills above the capital on the wall above the altar 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. at a higher level or layer than from his flat above the corner shop bruises above both eyes
- ▪ higher in grade or rank than at a level above the common people 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ considered of higher status or worth than; too good for I always like to say that I married above myself
- ▪ in preference to the firm cynically chose profit above car safety 同義詞
- ▪ at a higher volume or pitch than he seldom spoke above a whisper the doorbell went unheard above the din
- 3. higher than (a specified amount, rate, or norm) the food was well above average above sea level 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. at a higher level or layer place a quantity of mud in a jar with water above 同義詞
- ▪ higher in grade or rank an officer of the rank of superintendent or above
- ▪ higher than a specified amount, rate, or norm boats of 31 ft or above
- ▪ (in printed text) mentioned earlier or further up on the same page the two cases described above see above left 同義詞
above和on都是 在...之上的意思 不過不同的地方 就是 on 是A壓在B上面 而Above是A位於B上方 例如: 鞋櫃上有兩雙鞋 紅色的鞋子在上層 綠色...
according to the above reasons ← ok 其他替代表達法: due to the above reasons 由於... 為了 in accorance with the above reasons 依據 on the basis of the above reasons 基於 in view of the above reasons 鑒於 in consideration of...
...這三者的差異如下: above指的是"比...要高" over指的是"在...正上方...的樓上"這一句的確是要用"over"才符合語意 above的原意僅是"高度上的比較" =>in or to a ...