- a vehicle's capacity to gain speed；increase in speed or rate
noun: acceleration, plural noun: accelerations
- 1. a vehicle's capacity to gain speed the three-litre model has spectacular acceleration 同義詞 speeding up, increasing speed, increase in speed, gain in momentum, gathering speed, ... 更多反義詞 deceleration, slowing down
- ▪ increase in speed or rate the acceleration of the industrialization process 同義詞 hastening, speeding up, quickening, stepping up, advancement, ... 更多
- ▪ the rate of change of velocity per unit of time.
- a vehicle's capacity to gain speed within a short time: a Formula One car is superior to an Indy car in its acceleration
Oxford American Dictionary