- the action of emphasizing something；the prominence of a thing relative to the normal
noun: accentuation, plural noun: accentuations
- 1. the action of emphasizing something the accentuation of the Treasury's currency policy
- ▪ the prominence of a thing relative to the normal a condition where there is an accentuation of female characteristics
- ▪ the manner in which accents are apparent in pronunciation, or indicated in writing.
- the action or fact of accentuating or of being accentuated: the accentuation of the Treasury's currency policy a condition with accentuation of female characteristics