- an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit；an expression of praise or admiration
noun: accolade, plural noun: accolades
- 1. an award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit the ultimate official accolade of a visit by the president 同義詞
- ▪ an expression of praise or admiration poignant accolades and urgent testimonials of thanks 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. a touch on a person's shoulders with a sword at the bestowing of a knighthood.
- an award or privilege granted as a special honour or as an acknowledgement of merit: the hotel has won numerous accolades