- temporary lodgings, sometimes also including board；a room, group of rooms, or building in which someone may live or stay
noun: accommodation, plural noun: accommodations
- 1. North American temporary lodgings, sometimes also including board the company offers a number of guesthouse accommodations in Cape Cod
- ▪ British a room, group of rooms, or building in which someone may live or stay they were living in temporary accommodation 同義詞
- ▪ the available space for occupants in a building, vehicle, or vessel there was lifeboat accommodation for 1,178 people 同義詞
- ▪ the provision of a room or lodging the building is used exclusively for the accommodation of guests
- 2. a convenient arrangement; a settlement or compromise management was seeking an accommodation with labor 同義詞
- 3. the process of adapting or adjusting to someone or something accommodation to a separate political entity was not possible 同義詞
- ▪ the automatic adjustment of the focus of the eye by flattening or thickening of the lens the power of accommodation to near objects
- a simple hotel or guest house, particularly one in a rural area: fire officers inspected two budget accommodation houses in order to prevent another backpacker tragedy
- a ladder or flight of steps up the side of a ship allowing access from a small boat or a quayside.
- a ladder or stairway up the side of a ship allowing access, especially to and from a small ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- an address for correspondence used by a person who wishes to conceal or does not have a ... I opened an accommodation address in Paddington in a fictional name
- a room, group of rooms, or building in which someone may live or stay: they were living in temporary accommodation the cost includes flights, hotel accommodation, and transport