- acceptance of the truth or existence of something；recognition of the importance or quality of something.
noun: acknowledgement, plural noun: acknowledgements
- 1. acceptance of the truth or existence of something there was no acknowledgement of the family's trauma 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. recognition of the importance or quality of something.
- ▪ the expression of gratitude or appreciation for something he received an award in acknowledgement of his work 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the action of showing that one has noticed someone or something he touched his hat in acknowledgement 同義詞
- ▪ a letter confirming receipt of something I received an acknowledgement of my application 同義詞
- 3. a statement printed at the beginning of a book expressing the author's or publisher's gratitude to others the reproduction on page 50 wasn't mentioned in the acknowledgements