- take action; do something；behave in the way specified
- a thing done; a deed；a New Testament book immediately following the Gospels and relating the history of the early Church.
verb: act, 3rd person present: acts, gerund or present participle: acting, past tense: acted, past participle: acted
noun: act, plural noun: acts
- 1. take action; do something they urged Washington to act he denied the charges, claiming that he had acted in self-defense 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. behave in the way specified they followed the man who was seen acting suspiciously he acts as if he owned the place 同義詞
- 3. take effect; have a particular effect blood samples are analyzed to find out how the drug acts in the body they should remove taxes that act to suppress demand
- 4. perform a fictional role in a play, movie, or television production she acted in her first professional role at the age of six 同義詞
- ▪ behave so as to appear to be; pretend to be I acted dumb at first 同義詞
- 1. a thing done; a deed a criminal act the act of writing down one's thoughts 同義詞
- ▪ a New Testament book immediately following the Gospels and relating the history of the early Church.
- 2. a pretense she was putting on an act and laughing a lot 同義詞
- ▪ a particular type of behavior or routine he did his Sir Galahad act
- 3. a written ordinance of Congress, or another legislative body; a statute the act to abolish slavery 同義詞
- ▪ a document attesting a legal transaction.
- ▪ dated the recorded decisions or proceedings of a committee or an academic body.
- 4. a main division of a play, ballet, or opera the first act 同義詞
- ▪ a set performance her one-woman poetry act 同義詞
- ▪ a performing group an act called the Apple Blossom Sisters
act [常用字] <<名詞>> 1 過程 the act of thinking 思維 2 行為 a charitable act 善舉 3...villain 演出反派角色 3 a. 模仿; 裝模做樣 Don't act the fool. 不要裝傻 b. 舉止合宜 Act your...
act in a play 是可以的, 看成 act " in a play" (演出"在一齣話劇中") act 的用法可以參考~ http://www.allwords.com/query.php?SearchType=3&Keyword=act&goquery=Find+it%21&Language=ENG
... of all, you need to understand what it meant by "Speech Act" ... read the one that is written for ESL teachers...