- be next to and joined with (a building, room, or piece of land)；add or join something to
verb: adjoin, 3rd person present: adjoins, gerund or present participle: adjoining, past tense: adjoined, past participle: adjoined
- 1. be next to and joined with (a building, room, or piece of land):
the dining room adjoins a conservatory
- 2. add or join something to:
to them were adjoined branches of trees
- v.be next to and joined with (a building, room, or piece of land):
- the dining room adjoins a small library
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
He leaved the massive doors open to the morning light in the adjoining hall,Sunlight streamed in through the lattices of the hall...
...pí ㄆ ㄧ ˊ ◎同“毗”。 English help, assist; connect, adjoin 毗拼音:pí 部首:比,部外筆劃:5,總筆劃:9 五筆86&98:LXXN...
我想要兩個人坐在一起的位置，且一個想要靠窗 We would like two seats together, by the window. Can we have two adjoining seats by the window? We would like a window seat and the one next to it.