- move forward in a purposeful way；cause (an event) to occur at an earlier date than planned
- a forward movement；a development or improvement
- done, sent, or supplied beforehand
verb: advance, 3rd person present: advances, gerund or present participle: advancing, past tense: advanced, past participle: advanced
noun: advance, plural noun: advances
- 1. move forward in a purposeful way the troops advanced on the capital she stood up and advanced toward him 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause (an event) to occur at an earlier date than planned I advanced the date of the meeting by several weeks 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. make or cause to make progress our knowledge is advancing all the time it was a chance to advance his own interests 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (especially of shares of stock) increase in price two stocks advanced for every one that fell
- 3. put forward (a theory or suggestion) the hypothesis I wish to advance in this article 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. lend (money) to (someone) the bank advanced them a loan 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ pay (money) to (someone) before it is due he advanced me a month's salary
- 1. a forward movement the rebels' advance on Madrid was well under way the advance of civilization 同義詞
- 2. a development or improvement genuine advances in engineering techniques decades of great scientific advance 同義詞
- ▪ an increase or rise in amount, value, or price bond prices posted vigorous advances 同義詞
- 3. an amount of money paid before it is due or for work only partly completed the author was paid a $250,000 advance I asked for an advance on next month's salary 同義詞
- ▪ a loan an advance from the bank
- 4. an approach made to someone, typically with the aim of initiating a sexual encounter women accused him of making improper advances 同義詞
- 1. done, sent, or supplied beforehand advance notice advance payment 同義詞
...". 2. Your question about "advancement" and "advancing" is very good one. It deserves a detail explanation as ...
... your reading ability is concerned._ Advanced magazine can literally get you nowhere if you aim to beef up your reading...
Thanks in advance 適用於請對方幫忙做一些事而需待後續回覆時用的. 例如: Please send... in advance. 2006-09-01 22:46:39 補充： 至於你的句子用Thanks in advance for your cooperation. 真的不是很適合.除非你後續還需要他們的幫忙....