- move forwards in a purposeful way；move forward in time
- a forward movement；a development or improvement
- done, sent, or supplied beforehand
verb: advance, 3rd person present: advances, gerund or present participle: advancing, past tense: advanced, past participle: advanced
noun: advance, plural noun: advances
- 1. move forwards in a purposeful way he advanced towards the dispatch box the troops advanced on the capital 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ move forward in time as the nineteenth century advanced
- ▪ change the date of (an event) so as to occur earlier than planned I advanced the schedule by several weeks 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. make or cause to make progress our knowledge is advancing all the time it was a chance to advance his own interests 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of shares) increase in price the food group advanced 12p to 639p
- 3. put forward (a theory or suggestion) the hypothesis I wish to advance in this article 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. lend (money) to (someone) the building society advanced them a loan 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ pay (money) to (someone) before it is due he advanced me a month's salary
- 1. a forward movement the rebels' advance on Madrid was well under way the advance of civilization 同義詞
- 2. a development or improvement advances in engineering techniques decades of great scientific advance 同義詞
- ▪ an increase in amount or price share prices showed significant advances 同義詞
- 3. an amount of money paid before it is due or for work only partly completed the author was paid a £250,000 advance 同義詞
- ▪ a loan an advance from the bank
- 4. an approach made to someone with the aim of initiating sexual or amorous relations her tutor made advances to her 同義詞
- 1. done, sent, or supplied beforehand advance notice advance warning 同義詞
...". 2. Your question about "advancement" and "advancing" is very good one. It deserves a detail explanation as ...
... your reading ability is concerned._ Advanced magazine can literally get you nowhere if you aim to beef up your reading...
Thanks in advance 適用於請對方幫忙做一些事而需待後續回覆時用的. 例如: Please send... in advance. 2006-09-01 22:46:39 補充： 至於你的句子用Thanks in advance for your cooperation. 真的不是很適合.除非你後續還需要他們的幫忙....