過去式：advanced 過去分詞：advanced 現在分詞：advancing
- 1. 使向前移動；推進，促進 The president has done his utmost to advance the national interest. 總統已盡了最大努力來增進國家的利益。
- 2. 將……提前 The date of the meeting was advanced by four days. 會議提前四天召開。
- 3. 預付[O1] We will advance him some money for traveling expenses. 我們將預付給他一些錢以供支付旅費。
- 4. 提出（建議，看法，理論等） The theory was advanced by an American professor. 該理論系一位美國教授提出的。
- 5. 提升；提高（價格） He was soon advanced to the position of CEO. 不久他被提升為總裁。
- 6. 貸（款） The bank advanced him 20,000 dollars to start his business. 銀行預付他兩萬元以開始他的事業。
- 1. 前進；向前移動[（+on/upon/against）] She advanced on him silently. 她悄悄地向他走去。
- 2. 進展；進步 We had greatly advanced in our knowledge of the world. 我們在世界知識方面大有長進。
- 3. 被晉升 He advanced shortly to a full professor. 他很快被提升為教授。
- 4. （物價）上漲 Rice has advanced fifteen cents a pound. 米一磅漲了一角五分。
- 1. 前進[S1] The advance of the enemy troops was halted by a heavy snow. 一場大雪阻止了敵軍的進攻。
- 2. 發展[C] Remarkable advances have been made in space science. 太空科學已有了長足的發展。
- 3. 增長；增高；擢升[C] Her colleagues were all surprised at her rapid advance in the company. 她的飛速升遷令公司同仁均感驚奇。
- 4. 預付；預付款[C][（+on）] He was given an advance of fifty dollars on his salary. 預支了五十圓薪金給他。
- 5. 友好表示；殷勤[P] He did not respond to her advances. 他對她的友好表示無動於衷。
- 6. 候選人出外競選時的先遣助選人員 black advance （在競選對手露面場合安排的）預先搗亂
- 1. 先行的 We sent advance copies of the new course book to the teacher and the students who were to use it. 我們先送了幾冊新教科書給要用書的老師和學生們。
- 2. 預先的，事先的 I have received an advance payment. 我已收到一筆預付款。
「vi. & vt. 推進；促進；提前」的反義字
...". 2. Your question about "advancement" and "advancing" is very good one. It deserves a detail explanation as ...
... your reading ability is concerned._ Advanced magazine can literally get you nowhere if you aim to beef up your reading...
Thanks in advance 適用於請對方幫忙做一些事而需待後續回覆時用的. 例如: Please send... in advance. 2006-09-01 22:46:39 補充： 至於你的句子用Thanks in advance for your cooperation. 真的不是很適合.除非你後續還需要他們的幫忙....