- a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position；the opportunity to gain something; benefit or profit
- put in a favorable or more favorable position.
verb: advantage, 3rd person present: advantages, gerund or present participle: advantaging, past tense: advantaged, past participle: advantaged
noun: advantage, plural noun: advantages
- 1. a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position companies with a computerized database are at an advantage she had an advantage over her mother's generation 同義詞
- ▪ the opportunity to gain something; benefit or profit you could learn something to your advantage he saw some advantage in the proposal 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a favorable or desirable circumstance or feature; a benefit the village's proximity to the town is an advantage 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a player's score in a game when they have won the first point after deuce (and will win the game if they win the next point) “Advantage, Federer.”
- 1. put in a favorable or more favorable position.