- describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance；publicize information about (a vacancy)
verb: advertise, 3rd person present: advertises, gerund or present participle: advertising, past tense: advertised, past participle: advertised
- 1. describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance:
a billboard advertising beer
- 2. publicize information about (a vacancy):
for every job we advertise we get a hundred applicants
he advertised for dancers in the trade papers
- 3. make (a quality or fact) known:
Meryl coughed briefly to advertise her presence
- 4. notify (someone) of something:
some prisoners advertised the French of this terrible danger
v. advertise (something, especially a job vacancy) again:
we'll have to re-advertise the job
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- v.describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance:
- a billboard advertising beer
many rugs are advertised as machine washable
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
He advertised them of his decision to withdraw from the election. 因為advertise 在此解釋為...
Linkage-advertising 指的應該是 網路連結宣傳廣告 也就是說 以網路...廣告 2007-12-07 21:45:41 補充： Linkage-advertising is the literature and related ...
advertisement是廣告的意思，通常是指廣告本身及其內容 advertising 是指去執行廣告的公司或人，翻譯翻成廣告(業)，例如廣告代理商叫 advertising agency, 廣告業者叫 advertising man.