- the sweet course following the main course of a meal; pudding；(in soccer) a confrontation between players after a foul or other incident
- 1. the sweet course following the main course of a meal; pudding:
there was apple pie for afters
- 2. (in soccer) a confrontation between players after a foul or other incident:
they were both yellow-carded for a spot of afters before half-time
- there was apple pie for afters
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
after/before+ p.p是錯誤的。因為介系詞後面的字是其受詞，應用代名詞或名詞性質的...修飾述部的「介系詞片語」，屬副詞性能。 同理，Wash you hands after touching raw meat.裡的touching是動名詞。 Barlow was...
after: 引導的時間副詞子句中該用現在式表示將來的意義。 ex: I'll phone you after I arrive.* 在非正式英語中 after 作副詞時，與 afterwards...動詞的受詞為代名詞時應放於動詞及副詞間， 例如這個after switch on 正確應為: after switch it on, 若後面接名詞時...
1. after 及 before 當附屬連接詞時, 以放句首來舉例較好說明 => Before/After + S1 + V1, S2+...street. *Please return to us after sign the contract. => Please return...