- a person who acts on behalf of another person or group；a person who manages business, financial, or contractual matters for an actor, performer, writer, etc.
noun: agent, plural noun: agents
- 1. a person who acts on behalf of another person or group in the event of illness, a durable power of attorney enabled her nephew to act as her agent 同義詞
- ▪ a person who manages business, financial, or contractual matters for an actor, performer, writer, etc. his agent was able to negotiate a long-term contract
- ▪ a person or company that provides a particular service, typically one that involves organizing transactions between two other parties a travel agent shipping agents 同義詞
- ▪ a person who obtains information for a government or other official body, typically in secret a trained intelligence agent KGB agents 同義詞
- 2. a person or thing that takes an active role or produces a specified effect universities are usually liberal communities that often view themselves as agents of social change 同義詞
- ▪ a substance that brings about a chemical or physical effect or causes a chemical reaction there is an urgent need for new antimicrobial agents to combat infections the bleaching agent used is hydrogen peroxide
- ▪ the doer of an action, typically expressed as the subject of an active verb or in a by phrase with a passive verb. 同義詞
ICA operative, codenamed Agent 47. "Facts about the genesis of Ort...: ICA emergency protocol initiated. Agent 47, priority 1-A Kill Order ...
法律上有差異啦. (你的contract應該是美國法, 因為以前常常看到這一條) agent 在這裡不是所謂的 "中間人"/"仲介" 而是 "法律代理人"...