- the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen.；air regarded as necessary for breathing
- express (an opinion or grievance) publicly；broadcast (a program) on radio or television
noun: air, plural noun: airs
verb: air, 3rd person present: airs, gerund or present participle: airing, past tense: aired, past participle: aired
- 1. the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen.
- ▪ air regarded as necessary for breathing the air was stale the doctor told me to get some fresh air
- ▪ the free or unconfined space above the surface of the earth he celebrated by tossing his hat high in the air 同義詞
- ▪ referring to the use of aircraft air traffic all goods must come in by air
- ▪ the earth's atmosphere as a medium for transmitting radio waves radio stations have successfully sold products over the air
- ▪ air considered as one of the four elements in ancient philosophy and in astrology (associated with the signs of Gemini, Aquarius, and Libra) an air sign
- ▪ a breeze or light wind. 同義詞
- ▪ air conditioning.
- 2. an impression of a quality or manner given by someone or something she answered with a faint air of boredom he leaned over with a confidential air 同義詞
- ▪ an annoyingly affected and condescending manner he began to put on airs and think he could boss us around
- 3. a tune or short melodious composition, typically a song traditional Scottish airs sung in the Gaelic tongue 同義詞
- 4. a jump off the ground on a snowboard or skateboard.
- 1. express (an opinion or grievance) publicly a meeting in which long-standing grievances were aired 同義詞
- ▪ broadcast (a program) on radio or television the programs were aired on India's state TV network 同義詞
- ▪ archaic parade or show (something) ostentatiously airing a snowy hand and signet ring
- 2. British expose (a room) to the open air in order to ventilate it the window sashes were lifted regularly to air the room 同義詞
- ▪ archaic go out in the fresh air to go and air myself in my native fields
They are all related to "regulate the air temperature", but they don't function the same: air-condition: verb air-condtioner...
air-condition 空調(就是空氣調節的縮寫) air-conditioner 空調機(比如冷氣機或是暖氣機都算是空調機的一種) air-conditioning...
air 在這裡是動詞，就是送蒸氣讓衣服烘乾。這裡把兩個名詞並在一起，再把兩個動詞並在一起： use steam and scents to air and freshen clothing. 使用蒸汽與香氣來烘乾衣物，並使衣物清新。 air...