- the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen.；air regarded as necessary for breathing
- express (an opinion or grievance) publicly；broadcast (a programme) on radio or television
noun: air, plural noun: airs
verb: air, 3rd person present: airs, gerund or present participle: airing, past tense: aired, past participle: aired
- 1. the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen.
- 2. air regarded as necessary for breathing:
the air was stale
the doctor told me to get some fresh air
- 3. the free or unconfined space above the surface of the earth:
he celebrated by tossing his hat high in the air
- 4. referring to the use of aircraft:
all goods must come in by air
- 5. the earth's atmosphere as a medium for transmitting radio waves:
radio stations have successfully sold products over the air
- 6. one of the four elements in ancient and medieval philosophy and in astrology (considered essential to the nature of the signs of Gemini, Aquarius, and Libra):
an air sign
- 7. a breeze or light wind.
- 8. an impression of a quality or manner given by someone or something:
she answered with a faint air of boredom
he leaned over with a confidential air
- 9. an annoyingly affected and condescending manner:
he began to put on airs and think he could boss us around
- 10. a tune or short melodious song:
traditional Scottish airs sung in the Gaelic tongue
- 11. a jump off the ground on a snowboard or skateboard.
- 1. express (an opinion or grievance) publicly:
a meeting in which long-standing grievances were aired
- 2. broadcast (a programme) on radio or television:
the programmes were aired on India's state TV network
- 3. parade or show (something) ostentatiously:
he took the opportunity of airing his knowledge of antiquity
- 4. expose (a room) to the open air in order to ventilate it:
the window sashes were lifted regularly to air the room
- 5. warm (washed laundry) to remove dampness:
I was airing the sheets
- 6. go out in the fresh air:
to go and air myself in my native fields
They are all related to "regulate the air temperature", but they don't function the same: air-condition: verb air-condtioner...
air-condition 空調(就是空氣調節的縮寫) air-conditioner 空調機(比如冷氣機或是暖氣機都算是空調機的一種) air-conditioning...
air 在這裡是動詞，就是送蒸氣讓衣服烘乾。這裡把兩個名詞並在一起，再把兩個動詞並在一起： use steam and scents to air and freshen clothing. 使用蒸汽與香氣來烘乾衣物，並使衣物清新。 air...