- give (someone) permission to do something；permit (someone) to have (something)
verb: allow, 3rd person present: allows, gerund or present participle: allowing, past tense: allowed, past participle: allowed
- 1. give (someone) permission to do something the dissident was allowed to leave the country 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ permit (someone) to have (something) he was allowed his first sip of Scotch and soda
- ▪ permit (someone) to enter a place or go in a particular direction the river was patrolled and few people were allowed across
- ▪ admit (an event or activity) as legal or acceptable a plan to allow Sunday shopping a reservoir with no hunting or overnight camping allowed
- 2. give the necessary time or opportunity for they agreed to a ceasefire to allow talks with the government he stopped for a moment to allow his eyes to adjust
- ▪ make provision or provide scope for (something) the house was demolished to allow for road widening 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ take (something) into consideration when making plans or calculations income rose by 11 percent allowing for inflation
- ▪ provide or set aside (a specified amount of something) for a specific purpose allow an hour or so for driving 同義詞
- 3. admit the truth of; concede he allowed that the penalty appeared too harsh for the crime “Could happen,” she allowed indifferently 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ North American, British informal, dialect assert; be of the opinion Lincoln allowed that he himself could never support the man
- said when making a polite request or offering help
- let (someone) have or do something: the dissident was allowed to leave the country she was allowed a higher profile
**allow 的用法 allow + noun. allow sb. to do / not to do sth../sb. is allowed to do allow +doing (1) He allowed...使成為可能[O2] The windfall allowed me to buy a house. 這意外之財使...
使用allow這個動詞, 要考慮的是主體(S)與客體(O). S: 有允許權者 O: 受管制者 兩者可以同時出現在句子中, 也可以單獨存在. S allow O to-V My father allows me to swim only in the...
Should not allowed for data charge reduction unless buyer had special discussion...a faster way to do this. 1.Should not allowed 的Should 為何不是用shall，allowed 為...