- suggest or call attention to indirectly; hint at；mention without discussing at length
verb: allude, 3rd person present: alludes, gerund or present participle: alluding, past tense: alluded, past participle: alluded
- 1. suggest or call attention to indirectly; hint at she had a way of alluding to Jean but never saying her name
- ▪ mention without discussing at length we will allude briefly to the main points
- ▪ (of an artist or a work of art) recall (an earlier work or style) in such a way as to suggest a relationship with it the photographs allude to Italian Baroque painting
- suggest or call attention to indirectly; hint at: she had a way of alluding to Jean but never saying her name
...沒有跟任何人提及他兄弟與瑪莉訂婚的事 我會寫成 He did not even allude to his brother's engagement with Mary to anyone. 如此寫就完全不會...
... to the lexicographer J. E. Lighter, this expression may allude to the similar go ape, in that apes and other primates are closely...
1.他就是妳提到的那位男孩? Is he the lad you mentioned? Is this the dude you alluded to? 2.他看起來真的很年輕。 He looks super young! He looks juve! 目前就只有這兩個問題。 就醬!