- 輪流; 交替；交流
過去式：alternated 過去分詞：alternated 現在分詞：alternating
- 1. 交替的 alternate circles and squares 圓形與方形相間
- 2. 間隔的 to count alternate lines 隔行數 on alternate days/Mondays 每隔一天／一週的週一
- 3. alternative
- 1. 輪流; 交替 to alternate with sb. 與某人輪流 to alternate between hope and despair/laughing and crying 時而充滿希望，時而感到絕望／時笑時哭
- 2. 交流
- 1. 使交替 he alternated persuasion with threats 他時而勸說，時而威脅 to alternate crops 輪作
1. every other; every second
2. (of two things) each following and succeeded by the other in a regular pattern
...: The main adjectival definitions of alternate are happening in turns, every other or...for prime time. And the following use of alternate is correct because it indicates something ...
They bring alternate worlds and views into focus - challenging, surprising...
alternative fuels 不可以換成 alternate fuels alternative fuels >yes alternate fuels >not