- increase the volume of (sound), especially using an amplifier；increase the amplitude of (an electrical signal or other oscillation)
verb: amplify, 3rd person present: amplifies, gerund or present participle: amplifying, past tense: amplified, past participle: amplified
- 1. increase the volume of (sound), especially using an amplifier the accompanying chords have been amplified in our arrangement 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ increase the amplitude of (an electrical signal or other oscillation) the manufacturers have developed a system of amplifying the radio signal
- ▪ make (something) more marked or intense urban policy initiatives amplified social polarization
- 2. enlarge upon or add detail to (a story or statement) the notes amplify information contained in the statement 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. make multiple copies of (a gene or DNA sequence) genomic DNA was amplified using the polymerase chain reaction
- increase the volume of (sound), especially using an amplifier: the accompanying chords have been amplified in our arrangement
Oxford American Dictionary
...您参考一下 原文 The danger comes when concerns are amplified or imagined, and hitched to Mahanite prescriptions...
"Technology amplifies this effect. Destruction at a distance with projectiles and ...
請參考： A good antenna can amplify a radio signal significantly. Significantly 明顯地，顯著地 adv. in an important manner, with significance; meaningfully 其他意義：意味深長地; 值得注目地