- a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended；an early type of animal or plant from which others have evolved
noun: ancestor, plural noun: ancestors
- 1. a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended he could trace his ancestors back to James the First 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an early type of animal or plant from which others have evolved the ancestor of most dolphins is not clear both species of elephant have a common ancestor 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an early version of a machine, system, etc. this instrument is an ancestor of the lute 同義詞
- (in Aboriginal culture) any of the beings associated with the creation of the earth in the ... one of the ancestor beings walked this country
- a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended: my ancestor Admiral Anson circumnavigated the globe 250 years ago
Oxford American Dictionary
1.ancestor跟ancestry要怎麼使用?用在什麼地方? ancestor 與 ancestry 都是祖先的意思， 但 ancestor 是指個別的祖先， ancestry 則為集合名詞...
immediate ancestor 是「嫡系祖先」, 也就是有直屬血緣關係之祖先的意思. unanimous是從名詞unanimity而來 意思是「同意; 全體一致; 一致同意」 此字的un並非字根, 其發音是/允/, 而不是/安/.
The Mother Ancestor in Mainland China 翻成 中國大陸的媽祖信仰 也許好一些 Mother Ancestor 媽祖 生於 北宋建隆元年 Song Jianlong Dynasty就是指 北宋建隆年間