- severe mental or physical pain or suffering
- be extremely distressed about something
noun: anguish, plural noun: anguishes
verb: anguish, 3rd person present: anguishes, gerund or present participle: anguishing, past tense: anguished, past participle: anguished
- 1. severe mental or physical pain or suffering she shut her eyes in anguish Philip gave a cry of anguish
- 1. be extremely distressed about something I spent the next two weeks anguishing about whether I'd made the right decision
- severe mental or physical pain or suffering: she shut her eyes in anguish Philip gave a cry of anguish
- be extremely distressed about something: he anguished over how to reply
Oxford American Dictionary
anguish (n) (+over) 極度的痛苦; 苦惱 Cyndi was in anguish over her missing dog. 譯: Cyndi對於...over 之後的詞都刪掉，剩下: Cyndi was in anguish. 意思就變成" Cyndi 在痛苦(苦惱)中"...
...dufficult situation It was agony not knowing where he was. Anguish mental or physical suffering caused by extreme pain or worry The...
anguish 極度痛苦 apprentice 學徒 aspiration 抱負 assailant= attacker 攻擊者 awe 敬畏 beverage...