- destroy utterly; obliterate；defeat utterly
verb: annihilate, 3rd person present: annihilates, gerund or present participle: annihilating, past tense: annihilated, past participle: annihilated
- 1. destroy utterly; obliterate a simple bomb of this type could annihilate them all a crusade to annihilate evil
- ▪ defeat utterly the stronger force annihilated its opponent virtually without loss
- ▪ convert (a subatomic particle) into radiant energy.
- destroy utterly; obliterate: a simple bomb of this type could annihilate them all a crusade to annihilate evil