- make a formal application or request；put oneself forward formally as a candidate for a job
verb: apply, 3rd person present: applies, gerund or present participle: applying, past tense: applied, past participle: applied
- 1. make a formal application or request you need to apply to the local authorities for a grant a number of people have applied to vote by proxy 同義詞
- ▪ put oneself forward formally as a candidate for a job she had applied for a number of positions 同義詞
- 2. be applicable or relevant normal rules apply the offer does not apply to unionized workers 同義詞
- ▪ bring or put into operation or practical use the oil industry has failed to apply appropriate standards of care
- 3. put or spread (something) on a surface the sealer can be applied to new wood 同義詞
- ▪ administer smooth over with a cloth, applying even pressure 同義詞
- 4. give one's full attention to a task; work hard for two years, she applied herself to her studies with dedication
- (of a subject or type of study) put to practical use as opposed to being theoretical: applied chemistry
Oxford American Dictionary
- (of a subject of study) put to practical use as opposed to being theoretical: applied chemistry
- the branch of linguistics concerned with practical applications of language studies, for ...
- make a formal application or request: you need to apply to the local authority for a grant a number of people have applied to vote by proxy
...鋪在表面上[(+TO)] EX:The nurse applied(apply的過去式) the ointment to the wond. 護士把藥膏敷到...詳情:上面 當Vi 的第1點 Is it necessary to apply labeling to further samples? 僅 [ 是否...
我不太瞭解你問的,不過給你一些回答,希望對你有幫助 請問APPLIED LANGUAGE LEARNING是什麼啊 applied language learning...
apply to ph. (片語 phrase) 1. 適用於 2. 向...申請 We applied to them for help. 我們向他們求援。 apply for ph. (片語 phrase) 1. 請求得到...