- an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one；a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory
noun: argument, plural noun: arguments
- 1. an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one I've had an argument with my father heated arguments over public spending 同義詞
- 2. a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal he rejected the argument that keeping the facility would be costly 同義詞
- 3. an independent variable associated with a function or proposition and determining its value. For example, in the expression y = F (x1, x2), the arguments of the function F are x 1 and x 2, and the value is y.
- ▪ another term for amplitude
- 4. any of the noun phrases in a clause that are related directly to the verb, typically the subject, direct object, and indirect object.
- 5. archaic a summary of the subject matter of a book. 同義詞