- equipped with or carrying a weapon or weapons；involving the use of firearms
- 1. equipped with or carrying a weapon or weapons heavily armed troops the security forces are armed with automatic rifles
- ▪ involving the use of firearms armed robbery
- ▪ (of a bomb, alarm, or other device) prepared to activate or explode.
- ▪ supplied with equipment, tools, or other items in preparation or readiness for something he is armed with a list of questions
- 2. having claws, a beak, etc. of a specified tincture a lion rampant argent, armed and langued azure