- an impressive display or range of a particular type of thing；an ordered series or arrangement
- display or arrange (things) in a particular way；dress someone in (the clothes specified)
verb: array, 3rd person present: arrays, gerund or present participle: arraying, past tense: arrayed, past participle: arrayed
noun: array, plural noun: arrays
- 1. an impressive display or range of a particular type of thing there is a vast array of literature on the topic a bewildering array of choices
- 2. an ordered series or arrangement several arrays of solar panels will help provide power the lens focuses light on to an array of pixels 同義詞
- ▪ an arrangement of troops I shall have my men drawn up here in battle array ready to come to your help
- ▪ an arrangement of quantities or symbols in rows and columns; a matrix.
- ▪ an indexed set of related elements.
- 3. literary elaborate or beautiful clothing he was clothed in fine array 同義詞
- 4. a list of jurors impanelled.
- 1. display or arrange (things) in a particular way the manifesto immediately divided the forces arrayed against him 同義詞
- 2. dress someone in (the clothes specified) they were arrayed in Hungarian national dress 同義詞
- 3. impanel (a jury).