- the formation of clear and distinct sounds in speech；the action of putting into words an idea or feeling
noun: articulation, plural noun: articulations
- 1. the formation of clear and distinct sounds in speech the articulation of vowels and consonants
- ▪ the action of putting into words an idea or feeling it would involve the articulation of a theory of the just war
- ▪ the formation of a speech sound by constriction of the air flow in the vocal organs at a particular place (e.g. the tongue, teeth, or palate) and in a particular way (as a plosive, affricate, etc.).
- 2. clarity in the production of successive notes beautifully polished articulation from the violins
- 3. the state of being jointed the area of articulation of the lower jaw
- ▪ a specified joint the leg articulation
- the formation of clear and distinct sounds in speech: the articulation of vowels and consonants
Oxford American Dictionary
...歲時，她和大人對話就伶牙俐齒，國語咬字更是清晰，這時我們就可說 Her articulation is very clear. (她講話咬字很清晰)。五歲時，她開始學英文，只是剛起步...
...assimilation—palatalization (顎化現象) 定義: a process, i.e. assimilation of place of articulation, in which the place of obstruction shifts towards the hard palate. 日文: ta / ti...