- a hope or ambition of achieving something；the object of one's hope or ambition; a goal
noun: aspiration, plural noun: aspirations
- 1. a hope or ambition of achieving something the yawning gulf between aspiration and reality he had nothing tangible to back up his literary aspirations
- ▪ the object of one's hope or ambition; a goal fabrics and oriental rugs were my aspirations
- 2. the action or process of drawing breath.
- ▪ the action of drawing fluid by suction from a vessel or cavity bathing solutions were changed by careful aspiration
- 3. the action of pronouncing a sound with an exhalation of breath there is no aspiration if the syllable begins with s
- a hope or ambition of achieving something: the needs and aspirations of the people the yawning gulf between aspiration and reality