- a collection or gathering of things or people；a machine or object made of pieces fitted together
noun: assemblage, plural noun: assemblages
- 1. a collection or gathering of things or people a loose assemblage of diverse groups
- ▪ a machine or object made of pieces fitted together some vast assemblage of gears and cogs
- ▪ a work of art made by grouping together found or unrelated objects.
- ▪ the action of gathering or fitting things together the assemblage of electronic image and text databases