- a task or piece of work assigned to someone as part of a job or course of study；the allocation of a job or task to someone
noun: assignment, plural noun: assignments
- 1. a task or piece of work assigned to someone as part of a job or course of study:
a homework assignment
- 2. the allocation of a job or task to someone:
the effective assignment of tasks
- 3. the task or post to which one has been appointed:
his assignment was to the County Court
I was on assignment for a German magazine
- 4. the attribution of someone or something as belonging:
the assignment of individuals to particular social positions
- 5. an act of making a legal transfer of a right, property, or liability:
an assignment of leasehold property
- 6. a document effecting the legal transfer of a right or property.
- n.a task or piece of work allocated to someone as part of a job or course of study:
- a homework assignment
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
In terms of Statistics, random assignment is an experimental technique for assigning subjects to different...
Here you go: On assignment《出外辦公事；尤其是牽涉到報導之類的工作》doinga job, especially a job in which...
.... other procedures might include games, directed assignments, or activities related to a project. 此評估可採用一種老師指導...