- the process of taking in and fully understanding information or ideas；the absorption and integration of people, ideas, or culture into a wider society or culture
noun: assimilation, plural noun: assimilations
- 1. the process of taking in and fully understanding information or ideas the assimilation of the knowledge of the Greeks
- ▪ the absorption and integration of people, ideas, or culture into a wider society or culture the assimilation of Italians into American society
- 2. the absorption and digestion of food or nutrients by the body or any biological system nitrate assimilation usually takes place in leaves
- 3. the process of becoming similar to something Watson was ready to work for the assimilation of Scots law to English law where he thought it was justified
- ▪ the fact of a sound being made more like another in the same or next word when p is preceded by some Latin prefixes, it is doubled because of the assimilation of a consonant, as in 'apparent' (ad-parent) there are many assimilations and elisions of consonants and vowels
- the process of taking in and fully understanding information or ideas: the assimilation of the knowledge of the Greeks
Oxford American Dictionary
Assimilation的定義: PHONOLOGY/PHONETICS: a process in which one or more ...現象，因為鄰近的音位的影響，而帶有與其相同的屬性，而產生局部同化(partial assimilation)，或是被完全同化(total assimilation)。 舉例一: partial assimilation—nasalization...
Assimilation means a speech sound changes and become more like another sound which follows or preceds it. 同化...這種字還滿多的，字典裡有個範例︰The "d" in "grandpa" has been lost by assimilation to "p"."grandpa"中的"d"因受"p"的同化而不發音。
回版主:forced assimilation 的中文就是強迫性同化(政策)意思是強迫某一種語言或文化(通常是比較弱的一方...