- of or involving the action of associating ideas or things；of or denoting computer storage in which items are identified by content rather than by address.
- 1. of or involving the action of associating ideas or things an associative, nonlinear mode of thought
- ▪ of or denoting computer storage in which items are identified by content rather than by address.
- 2. involving the condition that a group of quantities connected by operators gives the same result whatever their grouping, as long as their order remains the same, e.g., (a × b) × c = a × (b × c).
- not characterized by association, especially of ideas: the development of chaffinch song is most obviously classified as non-associative learning
- a memory capable of determining whether a given datum (the search word) is contained in one of ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- of or involving the association of things: making associative links