- a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof；the action of taking on power or responsibility
noun: assumption, plural noun: assumptions
- 1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof they made certain assumptions about the market we're working on the assumption that the time of death was after midnight 同義詞
- 2. the action of taking on power or responsibility the assumption of an active role in regional settlements 同義詞
- 3. the reception of the Virgin Mary bodily into heaven. This was formally declared a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church in 1950.
- ▪ the feast in honour of the Assumption, celebrated on 15 August.
- 4. archaic arrogance or presumption.