- surprise or impress (someone) greatly
verb: astonish, 3rd person present: astonishes, gerund or present participle: astonishing, past tense: astonished, past participle: astonished
- 1. surprise or impress (someone) greatly you never fail to astonish me it astonished her that Mrs. Browning could seem so anxious
- greatly surprised or impressed; amazed: he was astonished at the change in him we were astonished to hear of this decision
- greatly surprised or impressed; amazed: he was astonished at the change in him an astonished expression on her face
Oxford American Dictionary
- surprise or impress (someone) greatly: you never fail to astonish me it astonished her that he was so anxious
astonish surprise (sb) greatly使(某人)驚訝.吃驚e.g：The news astonished everyone.這消息使大家感到驚訝e.g：It astonishes me that...
我聽老師說amazing比較偏向正面的驚訝 shock比較偏向負面的驚訝. 那astonished和前面2種有什麼差別呢? Amaze 是正面 但是通常都是＂主觀＂＂心裡...
1.They possess astonishing islands of brilliance that stand in jarring...astonishing islands of 這算是比喻法 astonishing islands 實際上是有本同名的書名，我沒...