- take aggressive action against (a place or enemy forces) with weapons or armed force, typically in a battle or war；(of a person or animal) act against (someone or something) aggressively in an attempt to injure or kill
- an aggressive and violent action against a person or place；destructive action by a disease, chemical, or insect
verb: attack, 3rd person present: attacks, gerund or present participle: attacking, past tense: attacked, past participle: attacked
noun: attack, plural noun: attacks
- 1. take aggressive action against (a place or enemy forces) with weapons or armed force, typically in a battle or war in December, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor Italian forces attacked in October 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person or animal) act against (someone or something) aggressively in an attempt to injure or kill a doctor was attacked by two youths 同義詞
- ▪ (of a disease, chemical substance, or insect) act harmfully on the disease is thought to attack certain cells in the brain 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ criticize or oppose fiercely and publicly he attacked the government's defense policy 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ begin to deal with (a problem or task) in a determined and vigorous way a plan of action to attack unemployment 同義詞
- ▪ make an aggressive or forceful attempt to score a goal or point, or gain or exploit an advantage in a game against an opposing team or player the home team attacked from the kick off
- ▪ move into or be in a position to capture (an opponent's piece).
- ▪ (of a reagent or reactive species) approach and interact with (an atom, group, or bond in a molecule), thereby breaking a bond or forming a new bond the nucleophile attacks the epoxide from the opposite side of the ring to the oxygen
- 1. an aggressive and violent action against a person or place he was killed in an attack on a checkpoint three classrooms were gutted in the arson attack 同義詞
- ▪ destructive action by a disease, chemical, or insect the tissue is open to attack by fungus
- ▪ a sudden short bout of an illness or stress an attack of nausea an asthma attack 同義詞
- ▪ an instance of fierce public criticism or opposition he launched a stinging attack on the White House 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a determined attempt to tackle a problem or task an attack on inflation
- ▪ the manner of beginning to play or sing a passage.
- ▪ forceful and decisive style in performing music or another art the sheer attack of Hendrix's playing
- ▪ an aggressive attempt to score a goal, win points, or gain or exploit an advantage in a game.
- ▪ a threat to capture an opponent's piece.