- make an effort to achieve or complete (something difficult)；try to climb to the top of (a mountain)
- an effort to achieve or complete a difficult task or action；an effort to surpass a record or conquer a mountain
verb: attempt, 3rd person present: attempts, gerund or present participle: attempting, past tense: attempted, past participle: attempted
noun: attempt, plural noun: attempts
- 1. make an effort to achieve or complete (something difficult) she attempted a comeback in 2001 troops shot civilians who attempted to flee
- ▪ try to climb to the top of (a mountain) the expedition was the first to attempt Everest
- ▪ try to take (a life) he would not have attempted the life of a friend
- 1. an effort to achieve or complete a difficult task or action an attempt to halt the bombings
- ▪ an effort to surpass a record or conquer a mountain an attempt on the unclimbed north-east ridge
- ▪ a bid to kill someone Karakozov made an attempt on the Tsar's life
- ▪ a thing produced as a result of trying to make or achieve something she picked her first attempt at a letter out of the wastebasket
We are making an attempt to achieve our goal. -- Correct =We are in our...動詞則不一定用 make），後面所接的受詞為所要做到的事或目的： Her attempt at humor (at being humorous) failed. 能夠用 on 做搭配介係詞的，我...
... him into a crime. 他在做的正在引誘他成為一個罪犯 attempt 及物動詞 attempt 是 有企圖要去做某件事的意思 ex. I attempt to finish...
...rig是指"在沒有適當材料(物件)時，用其他的材料(物件)來暫時克難。" Attempt to...to是指“嘗試著去...” 2010-08-24 21:24:15 補充： 謝謝Cara的補充...